Royal Lifesaving Society Courses
We are an Approved Training Centre for the Royal Lifesaving Society (RLSS) and offer the following courses at Summerhill
National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
The RLSS UK NPLQ is the most awarded lifeguard qualification in the United Kingdom and Ireland and is also internationally recognised. The NPLQ suitable for anyone looking to work as a Lifeguard or as a starting point for a career in the leisure industry. Candidates need to be 16 years of age at the time of their assessment and be able to:
- Jump / dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out unaided without ladder / steps and where the pool design permits
Next course - Easter 2018
Dates: Tuesday 3rd April to Saturday 7th April
Assessment Sunday 8th April
Time: 9.00am to 5.00pm
Assessment on Sunday - Time to be confirmed
National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers and Coaches (NRASTC)
The NRASTC is a supervision and rescue qualification for swimming teachers and individuals working on the poolside or in the water during programmed activities, such as a swimming lesson.
Next course - February 2018
Dates: Saturday 17th February and Sunday 18th February.
Time: 8.30am to 5pm
National Pool Lifeguard Qulification Course
- There will be an NPLQ course at Summerhill School during summer 2018. Details will be available nearer the time.